Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 3: C is for Can-Do!


I'm participating the this crazy challenge on 2 of my blogs. This one and Paranormal Lounge. The A to Z Challenge is a blogging event that takes place every April. The challenge is to write a post for each letter of the alphabet and post nearly every day during April, omitting Sundays.

My theme for this challenge is : Marketing is like war. I'm going to try to stick to that theme as much as possible, but I may have to deviate. Today's letter is C! C stands for Can-Do!

You need to have a Can-Do attitude in this business. That is all there is to it. If you want to give up, the odds are that you will, but I'm here to tell you that you shouldn't.

I know that selling books is hard. It's especially hard in the time of the indie revolution because there is SO MUCH on the market and most of it is really cheap! You can't give up, just because you haven't sold a book in over a month. You just need to keep trying and change what you're doing. Most of all, you need to keep your attitude positive. If you've been connecting with people--not just flinging links to your book out, then people will start to remember your name and eventually look for you and your book.

Keep a positive attitude and it will make your life so much better. Remember to look at the glass as half FULL!

3 comments:

  1. Well said! Following your advice... and your blogs! ;-)
    I am at: http://ofglassandpaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that there are a lot of writers out there that will bombard you with links to their book, or cover or whichever, and it does get very annoying. Good post.

    ReplyDelete