Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 15: O is for Order!


I'm participating the this crazy challenge on 2 of my blogs. This one and Paranormal Lounge. The A to Z Challenge is a blogging event that takes place every April. The challenge is to write a post for each letter of the alphabet and post nearly every day during April, omitting Sundays.

My theme for this challenge is: Marketing is like war. I'm going to try to stick to that theme as much as possible, but I may have to deviate. O is for Order.

In the military, an order must be followed to ensure safety and to ward against chaos. In marketing, you don't have someone to give you orders. That is why you need to order yourself to do things. Being your own boss means exactly that. You need to boss yourself around.

Working for yourself won't get you anywhere if you are acting like a lazy employee when the boss leaves for the day. You need to take charge of your business. Here is a few tips on how I am the boss and the employee in my business:

I have a list of daily tasks I need to do. That is the first thing I do each day. I check my email accounts, check my social media accounts, and approve triberr posts. There are a few other tasks I do each day, but you need to personalize your checklist.

Next, I have a list of weekly tasks. These include scheduling posts on hootsuite, checking for new reviews, approving friendships and following back, and more. Again, personalize.

Then I have a monthly task list. These are things I do once a month. Schedule ad campaigns, update certain information, and more. Write your own list. You know what you need to do.

Now you just need to make sure you keep on top of it. Motivate yourself if you have to. No coffee until the daily tasks are done! No facebook until the daily tasks are done! Whatever you need to do, do it. Order yourself around. Be your own boss! You can even add a certain amount of time for writing to your list.

2 comments:

  1. I try to keep a schedule like you've mentioned here, and I feel I do pretty good with it but, its getting harder because im seeing no results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all go through slumps. The key to getting out of it is to make a change, try something new and see if that helps. If not, try something else. Slumps can be very discouraging, but if you try to keep a positive attitude you can get through it!

      Delete