Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 2: B is for Blog!

I'm participating the this crazy challenge on 2 of my blogs. This one and Paranormal Lounge. The A to Z Challenge is a blogging event that takes place every April. The challenge is to write a post for each letter of the alphabet and post nearly every day during April, omitting Sundays.

My theme for this challenge is : Marketing is like war. I'm going to try to stick to that theme as much as possible, but I may have to deviate. Today is B Day and I'm writing about one of your marketing weapons: your BLOG.

Blogging is a way to amp up your online presence. Sure you've got a Facebook profile and a Twitter profile, and maybe even a Google+ profile, but you need a BASE OF OPERATIONS. That will be your BLOG.

Your blog can be used to promote yourself, promote others, show people what you're like and to practice writing. Blogging is a win, win, win situation. You can gain followers and the more they love the stuff you post, the more they will want to buy your books.

Not only is blogging an essential part of having an online presence, it is also a great way to connect with people. When someone comments on your blog, be sure to reply! You need to be personal and likeable. So get to blogging! It's FREE!


18 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so impressed. I thought I was doing well just by doing the challenge on one blog but two...

    You are so right about blogging, it's a great way to meet people and help your online profile. I look forward to following your blog(s).

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following! Good luck on the A to Z Cahllenge!

      Delete
  2. Yes, blogging is the key to marketing on the web and the bonus is you meet lots of wonderful, supportive people who you understand what you are trying to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogging like I can tell you do, too. I am thrilled to know someone else is as crazy as I am and doing this challenge in several different ways. I look forward to reading you throughout the a to z challenge!

    Julie Jordan Scott
    Our Literary Grannies from A to Z: B is for Buffalo Bird Woman
    tweet me - @juliejordanscot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I'll check out your blog! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. The biggest benefit to blogging is group challenges and blog hops like these - so glad to see/meet new people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blog hops and meeting new people too!

      Delete
  5. I've read some people say that blogging is on the way out. I don't see the evidence of that since there are still so many blogs. I agree, it is an effective way to establish an online presence that's universally available 24/7. The trick it trying to get people to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joining blog events is a great way to get more people to your blog. being in a Triberr tribe or a few of them is also great!

      Delete
  6. simple advice that seems obvious - but so many bypass the blog completely these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When ever I meet someone with out a blog who is in the writing business, or in any other business I tell them to get one!

      Delete
  7. great advice, the online community is so supportive if you just keep it real! It is a huge time investment though, but invaluable to building your fanbase (or to keep in touch if you have one already)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All very good points. Do you find that commenters return or subscribe to comments or are your responses to comments primarily for the subsequent visitors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I like to respond to try to keep the conversation going in case people do come back and also to answer any questions that other visitors may have. Many times, visitors will have the same questions or comments and I like to show that I do watch the comments field and I care about what my visitors have to say! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Agreed, owning and running a blog as a writer is a great way to get yourself out there and known. Doing comps and challenges like this A to Z one are also great for building up viewers and possible readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It's nice to know that others feel the same way I do about blogging!

      Delete