Monday, April 22, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 19: S is for Source!


I'm participating the this crazy challenge on 2 of my blogs. This one and Paranormal Lounge. The A to Z Challenge is a blogging event that takes place every April. The challenge is to write a post for each letter of the alphabet and post nearly every day during April, omitting Sundays.

My theme for this challenge is: Marketing is like war. I'm going to try to stick to that theme as much as possible, but I may have to deviate. S is for Source.

A source is a person or place where you can obtain information. Here are a few of my favorite sources:

Writer's Market books
These books come out once a year and have a huge list of publishers, what they are looking for, and how to submit work to them. The books also have tips and info about the industry. This is a great source of info if you plan to go the traditional route for publishing.

Wikipedia
Wikipedia is probably visited on my computer at least three times a day. It's a pretty reliable source and I use it for research, curiosities and more.

Other writers
I often exchange advice with other authors. It's quick and easy to send an email to someone you trust. We all look out for each other and when they have a question, I return the favor.

Free books
You'd be surprised at how many books that are available for free every now and then will help you out. I recommend subscribing to the daily email provided by Author Marketing Club. While you are at it, sign up for an author account with them. More below.

Author Marketing Club
This program is a great source. There are webinar videos, free guides and more. You can obtain all sorts of information through them.

What are some of your favorite sources?

2 comments:

  1. these are great tips for marketing! i am book marking you!
    happy a to z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a useful lists of sources you could use to find advice. Thanks for pointing them out. I often feel my eyes have been glued to Wikipedia ;)

    ReplyDelete