Thursday, April 11, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 10: J is for Join Up!


I'm participating the this crazy challenge on 2 of my blogs. This one and Paranormal Lounge. The A to Z Challenge is a blogging event that takes place every April. The challenge is to write a post for each letter of the alphabet and post nearly every day during April, omitting Sundays.

My theme for this challenge is: Marketing is like war. I'm going to try to stick to that theme as much as possible, but I may have to deviate. J is for Join Up!

In marketing there are a lot of platforms. If you haven't already joined these essential sites, please check them out and see if they would be right for you.

Twitter-Great for connecting and getting people to your blog or book using links.

Facebook-Great for connecting and showing your personality with posts. Also good for posting about book stuff, just don't go over board. (Same goes for twitter)

Google+-Again, great for connecting. Communities are wonderful for finding others like you. Building an audience is a good idea. If you use blogger to blog, you can automatically post a link when publishing a post.

Goodreads-Great for keeping track of books, showing off your own books, connecting with readers and authors and getting your books on lists to increase your discoverability.

Okay, now that the essentials are out of the way, here are some other ones you might want to check out

Library Thing
Shelfari
Instagram
Pinterest (Careful, this one is addictive!)
Author Marketing Club

And for the crazy ones . . . NaNoWriMo.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Just dropping in from the AtoZ Challenge. I have set up a link to this site on my post today,
    http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-iK

    ReplyDelete