Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 26: Z is for Zeal!


I'm participating the this crazy challenge on 2 of my blogs. This one and Paranormal Lounge. The A to Z Challenge is a blogging event that takes place every April. The challenge is to write a post for each letter of the alphabet and post nearly every day during April, omitting Sundays.

My theme for this challenge is: Marketing is like war. I'm going to try to stick to that theme as much as possible, but I may have to deviate. Z is for Zeal!

When it comes to marketing, one of the most important things is your attitude. Enthusiasm is everything. here is how to keep being zealous:

Work on posting only positive things to Facebook Twitter and other platforms. If you post a lot of negative statuses, your friends might not know what to do with you. They want to be supportive, but negativity is discouraging. It's like going to work. You can treat your customers badly just because you are having a bad day and you certainly can't unload all your personal issues on them either. I know it feels good to let it out, and you can do that occasionally, but keep it to a minimum.

Watch funny videos and post them on your social media if you want. This will help you stay positive. Other things that help me are taking a break and watching a show or movie. I find that the media gets me down some days. I like to stay up on the news, but reading so much negativity can really take a toll on you.

Remain positive even when it seems like everything is working against you. If you haven't sold a book in a long time, or if you still haven't heard from that publisher, don't worry. Everyone has their ups and downs. The key is attitude. Stay enthusiastic about marketing and maybe think about changing things up a bit.

Zeal helps you connect. It also helps you work through your tough times and brings an even better attitude during the good times. Thanks for coming with me on this A to Z marketing adventure. Still undecided if I'll do it again next year, but it has been fun and I loved getting comments from all you readers. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment