Friday, March 15, 2013

Book Review: The Prince of Hazel and Oak by John Lenahan


By Jacob Donley

THE PRINCE OF HAZEL AND OAK by John Lenahan

I am a newcomer to the Shadowmagic  series. I found the audiobooks via podcast and instantly fell in love with the series from book one. I had to go out and buy the Kindle versions. THE PRINCE OF HAZEL AND OAK is the second book of the SHADOWMAGIC series. It takes place shortly after where the first book, the self titled book, SHADOWMAGIC, left off.

Conor having already had one adventure in Tir na Nog, the magical land of the ancient Celts, is arrested for the supposed death of his father who is currently in that magical land. He eventually goes off on another adventure in Tir na Nog to rescue his sick father.

This young adult book held up to my high opinion of the first book, and John Lenahan took me beyond my original expectations. This is a great book that brings in a unique fantasy perspective compared to other books that have brought in gods and magic to intermix with the real world. It was a great read that I expect anyone who enjoys Fantasy Young Adult will thoroughly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment