Thursday, February 14, 2013

Let's talk about Triberr!

Okay, for those of you who don't know, Triberr is an application that you can use to make your blog posts reach more people.

This is how it works:

You become a member of a tribe.
You add your blog to the tribe stream.
You post on your blog.
Members of your tribe share your post via twitter and/or facebook.
You do the same for them.

The service is free, but there are some advanced features that you can pay for. I have gotten by without having to pay a cent and I'm very happy with it. I'm not sure on the rules and all that. I don't run my own tribe, I am only a member of about five tribes which is about the limit for me. I have 182 Tribe mates with a reach of over 810,000.

What you have to do:

You log onto triberr and approve each post to be shared. You can pay for automatic approval, but if you approve your posts everyday, it is manageable to do it by hand. I have been invited to more Tribes, but I've had to decline since you are only allowed to have 100 posts approved at any time. (You can probably pay to upgrade this, but again--not something I see as a necessity.) I usually approve about 70 to 90 per day depending on the day of the week. If I joined any more tribes, it's possible that my 100 approval limit would be reached and I'd have a backlog of posts to approve everyday and likely fall way behind on posts, resulting in sharing links looooong after the actual blog post has gone live.

Results:

Since using triberr I have noticed page views climbing, more followers, and more comments. I am very pleased with triberr, and I encourage you to join. I'm not sure if you have to be invited or exactly how it all works. I was invited, but I've heard that they may have changed it up a little since then.

Also, another feature I like about triberr is that you can find out how many people have shared your post AND how many people clicked on the links and actually went to your post. These stats are pretty important to find out what headlines grab the most attention and what headlines fall flat.

Anyways, if you get the chance to join a triberr group, do it!

Here is a link to give you an idea of how it works: http://triberr.com/wealth/?pg=prime

www.triberr.com

*UPDATE! (Added around 3:30 pm on 2/15) After doing some calculations, I've discovered that Triberr is responsible for almost 30% of my pageviews. That is amazing! So if this number sounds great to you, be sure to join a tribe or a few tribes!

See you next week when we talk about hometown marketing!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    Thnx so much for writing about us :-)

    I'm happy everything is working for you and if you need any help or have any questions down the road, I'm always around to answer inside Bonfires, or on twitter :-)


    Dino
    Founder of Triberr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thanks for stopping by my blog! That is so cool! You've done a great job of helping people reach a larger crowd with their blog posts, so thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great info Kayla! thanks for posting! I put the link to this post in my So Cal Lady Bloggers group page for anyone interested in finding out more. I am very happy with it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are soooo many writers on Triberr. Fiction, YA, nonfiction, short story.....use the Discover link under your profile pic to browse various tribes and people withi it.

    hth :-)

    ReplyDelete